Turkey Mini Meatloaves with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 pound cremini or white button mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup (preferably the low-sugar kind), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into half-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until very hot. Add mushrooms and cook until brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Add in onion, carrot, celery and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are softened, about 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine and let it reduce by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, panko, ground flax seeds, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and the cooled mushroom mixture with your hands, but don’t overmix. Divide the meatloaf mixture into 6 equal parts and form each part into a mini meatloaf. Place the meatloaves on a parchment-lined sheet tray then brush remaining ketchup over the top of each loaf. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until meatloaf registers 160°F in the center.
While the meatloaves are baking, place sweet potatoes in cold water in a large pot. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add buttermilk, maple syrup, salt and pepper, and mash to desired consistency.
Serve 1 mini meatloaf per person with mashed sweet potatoes alongside.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
July 11, 2017
May 26, 2017
May 26, 2017