Thanksgiving Leftover Statement Salad
“Rach has been making ‘statement salads’ the past few weeks, and they’re as beautiful as they are delicious! Basically it’s a large salad served on a big cutting board, with the ingredients arranged really pretty on top. What do you need the most the day after thanksgiving?! A giant salad! So here is my go at a Thanksgiving Statement Salad.”
- 2 cups stuffing
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups salad greens (whatever you’ve got on hand if this is a leftover scenario, I enjoy
- pring mix or baby kale)
- 2 cups leftover turkey or 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups gravy
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese or goat cheese (or whatever else will crumble from your leftover cheese plate!)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup pecans, roasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place stuffing on a sheet tray and break it up to make large crumbles of stuffing (think: croutons!). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Continue whisking and stream in the olive oil.
Add turkey and gravy to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until it is heated through.
Toss salad greens in the dressing. On a large cutting board or flat platter, arrange dressed salad greens to make a base. Arrange in rows across the greens – crispy stuffing croutons, turkey in gravy, butternut squash, avocado, carrots, cheese, Brussels sprouts and pecans.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show
Cheesy-Stuffed Monkey Bread With Roasted Garlic
January 29, 2019
Appetizer Tree: Antipasto Tree with Garlic Knots
December 14, 2018
Cheesy Baked Rigatoni with Pumpkin
November 15, 2018