Slow-Cooker Sriracha Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cans Bush’s Kidney Chili Beans
- 1 can Bush’s Sriracha Beans
- 0% plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Pickled jalapeños
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- Lime wedges
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add chicken skin-side down into the skillet and brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken and brown the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and place into the base of a slow cooker.
To the slow cooker base, add onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, coriander, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and crushed tortilla chips. Stir to combine. Set your slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
About 3 hours into cooking time, remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks or your fingers, discarding the skin and bones. Add the shredded meat back to the slow cooker along with all the beans. Give the chili another good stir to combine and let cook for remaining hour. Remove bay leaf and cinnamon stick and serve in bowls with your choice of toppings.
Click here to watch the video on our Watch page!
Cheesy-Stuffed Monkey Bread With Roasted Garlic
January 29, 2019
Appetizer Tree: Antipasto Tree with Garlic Knots
December 14, 2018
Cheesy Baked Rigatoni with Pumpkin
November 15, 2018