Roasted Tomato Soup
Serves 4 – 6
- 4 pounds tomatoes of varied shapes and sizes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 1 red pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons thyme, picked (or whole if stems are tender)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 quart vegetable stock or low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Balsamic drizzle, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place tomatoes, onion, pepper, carrots, celery and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top and season with thyme, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a kitchen spoon, toss veggies to coat them all evenly with the olive oil and seasonings. Roast in the oven until tomatoes are soft and veggies are caramelized and brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Add roasted veggies to a high-powered blender or food processor in batches, adding a few splashes of stock to get things moving, and blend/process until very smooth. Add purée to a large pot over medium-high heat and add the remaining stock and bay leaf. Bring to a bubble and reduce to a simmer to thicken a bit, about 20-30 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish with basil and a balsamic drizzle.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
One-Skillet, Cheese-Stuffed Roasted Chicken Meatballs
July 11, 2017
No-Bake Unicorn Cake
May 26, 2017
May 26, 2017