One-Skillet, Cheese-Stuffed Roasted Chicken Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parm cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup fresh spinach or kale, finely chopped
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ pound mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5-6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Cooked spaghetti or zoodles (spiralized zucchini noodles), for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high-heat. Add onion, half of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add tomato paste and cook for another minute. Deglaze with red wine and reduce by half. Add tomatoes and bring the sauce to a bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes.
In a food processor, pulse rolled oats for a few seconds until they are finely ground but not powdery.
In a mixing bowl, completely combine ground oats and milk. Add chicken, egg, egg white, remaining garlic, cheese, spinach, chili flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Using your hands, combine mixture well, making sure not to overmix.
Using a 2- to 3-inch kitchen scoop, scoop and place meat on a plastic cutting board or plate. Place a cube of mozzarella cheese into each meatball and roll or fold the meat around the cheese. Nestle the meatballs into the skillet with the sauce so they are covered at least halfway. Place the skillet in the oven until sauce is bubbly and thick, and the meatballs are cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with basil.
Serve over spaghetti or zoodles.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show
No-Bake Unicorn Cake
May 26, 2017
May 26, 2017
Jersey-Style Disco Fries
April 16, 2017