- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 avocados, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 2 chipotle chilies plus 1 to 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 burger buns of your choice, toasted (I prefer whole wheat English muffins)
In a medium-size mixing bowl, add red onion, lime juice and salt. Stir to combine then set aside. This should be done 15-20 minutes or a few hours before you stir together the guacamole. The longer the red onion sits in the lime juice and salt, the better.
In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, grated onion, hot sauce, panko, some salt and pepper. Do not over-mix. Form 4 patties.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium or heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to ripple, add patties and cook until brown on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip burgers and cook until fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes more.
While the turkey burgers cook, finish guacamole: To the red onion mixture, add avocado, tomato and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine very well.
In a food processor, combine chipotles, adobo sauce, yogurt and mayonnaise, and pulse until well-combined.
To build guacamole burgers, smear the bottom of the bun with chipotle sauce. Place a turkey burger patty on the bun bottoms then top with 2 heaping spoonfuls guacamole and bun tops.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
January 29, 2019
December 14, 2018
November 15, 2018