- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 9-ounce boxes frozen spinach, thawed and wrung out
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites (reserve yolks in the freezer for another baking project!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 5-ounce container feta cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add olive oil to an oven-safe, 14- to 16-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and heat to very hot. Add cherry tomatoes and brown them on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Add in red onion and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add in spinach, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Combine eggs and egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk in milk. Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed veggies and, using a spatula, pull the eggs away from the edges once or twice around; let set on the stove for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the top with feta cheese and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from oven and loosen the edges with a spatula. Slide onto a serving platter, slice into 6-8 pieces and serve.
January 29, 2019
December 14, 2018
November 15, 2018