Chicken Meatloaf Parm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 cup marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 4 to 5 basil leaves, finely chopped, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat olive oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions and sauté until softened and slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and oregano, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat; reserve and cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, Parm, parsley, chili flakes, salt and pepper with your hands. Be careful not to overmix.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Place the chicken mixture on the baking sheet and form it into a long loaf shape. Spoon 1/2 cup of marinara sauce over the top of the meatloaf. Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Preheat your broiler. Top the meatloaf with remaining 1/2 cup marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella. Broil until bubbly and browned on top, about 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with basil leaves, sliced and serve.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
January 29, 2019
January 05, 2019
December 14, 2018