BBQ Chicken and Corn Salad Lettuce Wraps
“Summer cooking for me is about three things: ease, not making the house hot with cooking, and eating lots of fresh foods from the farmer’s market. This recipe checks all those boxes.”
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1 cup your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup herbs, such as chives, parsley and/or cilantro
- 2 heads Boston Bibb lettuce
Cut the chicken breasts in half so you have 2 thin slices of chicken from each chicken breast. Place the chicken breast pieces, BBQ sauce and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl or bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Preheat an indoor grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let the chicken rest while you make the corn salad.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon olive oil, the sherry vinegar and some salt and pepper. Add corn, onion and herbs, and stir to combine.
Slice the rested chicken into thin strips. Serve chicken in lettuce wraps topped with corn salad.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show
January 29, 2019
December 14, 2018
November 15, 2018