One-Skillet Tortellini Bolognese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, optional for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large, oven-safe or cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to ripple, add in turkey or beef and break it up with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Stir until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook until the veggies begin to brown, about 6-7 minutes. Deglaze the pan with red wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, and basil, and stir to combine. Bring to a bubble and remove from heat. Add milk and tortellini, and stir, making sure the tortellini are mixed well into the sauce.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and give everything a stir. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
July 11, 2017
June 16, 2017
June 11, 2017