Not-Your-Average Pizzeria Salad
You know THE pizzeria salad- cold iceberg, a few raw white onions, the 1 pickled spicy pepper and extra oily dressing…the same salad your parents ordered every Friday along with your pizza pies to check the box that veggies were consumed. Well, here’s a updated and more nutrient packed-version to serve anytime from brunch to pizza night!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 roasted red peppers, homemade or store bought, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mild or hot banana pepper rings
- 1 5 ounce bag arugula
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, for garnish
In the bowl you’re serving salad in, add Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Whisk together. Continue whisking and slowly stream in the extra virgin olive oil.
Add the onions, roasted red peppers, banana pepper rings, arugula and spinach to the bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Top with cheese and serve.
November 15, 2018
October 22, 2018
October 19, 2018