Jersey-Tomato Bloody Marys
After a long winter, springtime means that the bright and beautiful Jersey-tomato season is just around the corner! This drink reminds me of my favorite summer salad. To celebrate the start of spring, let’s cheers with a delicious pitcher of Bloody Marys.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 4 splashes (about ¼ cup) cherry pepper brine, plus 8 cherry peppers, for garnish
- Juice of 2 large lemons, plus 1 lemon cut into 8 slices
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 5-6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups vodka
- 8 basil leaves, for garnish
- 8 1 inch fresh mozzarella cubes or 8 small mozzarella balls, for garnish
- Balsamic drizzle, for garnish
Add the tomato juice, cherry pepper brine, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, and pepper to a large serving pitcher. Stir to combine.
To serve, portion the vodka into 8 glasses, about 1 and ½ shots in each glass. Fill each glass with ice and pour bloody mary mixture over the ice. Thread 1 cherry pepper, 1 basil leaf, and one piece of mozzarella onto 8 toothpicks. Garnish each glass with 1 loaded toothpick, 1 lemon slice, and balsamic drizzle.
January 29, 2019
January 05, 2019
December 14, 2018