Creamy Chicken and Penne a la Vodka
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound penne (I prefer whole wheat, farro, quinoa or brown rice pasta)
- 15 basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- 1 cup arugula, optional
Add cashews to a small bowl and cover with water by about an inch. Soak for at least 1 hour or up to 8-10 hours.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a large, high-sided skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and sauté until browned, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
To the same pan, add remaining tablespoon olive oil and shallots, and sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and sauté until it starts to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully deglaze the pan with vodka and let it reduce by half. Add in stock, tomatoes and chicken. Bring the sauce a bubble then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta until al dente.
Drain and rinse cashews. Blend until smooth and creamy, carefully adding water to achieve de-sired consistency—be careful not to add too much. Reserve.
Drain pasta and return it to the hot pot. Remove vodka sauce from heat and stir in cashew cream, basil and chicken. To serve, top with cheese and garnish with arugula.
Check out the fb live fun here!
It's a fall party! We're LIVE with Grant and Jeanette cooking up our favorite dishes for our favorite season. As always, ask us your questions and share your thoughts in the comments, and we might give you a shout out!Posted by The Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
July 11, 2017
June 16, 2017
June 11, 2017